Private tutoring through Tools for Dyslexia is very much like having a personal trainer who works one-on-one to determine areas needing improvement, gradually building strengths, confidence, and independence.
Using the most effective, current methods for remediating poor reading and spelling skills, tutoring focuses on adding tools to the student’s toolbox. These are tools they can use in their classrooms and throughout their daily lives to make sense of what they read and spell.
With those tools, students will progressively fill in the gaps in reading, spelling, writing, or math facts. Tutoring promotes student self-confidence. As they recognize that English is NOT crazy and they CAN make sense of it, their confidence deepens. Their engagement increases engagement with curiosity, asking questions about a word they noticed in a reading assignment, a spelling list, or a tweet.
When they realize they can do what they thought they couldn’t, often their attitude about themselves and learning are transformed.
Two Tutoring Options Available:
- In-office tutoring in Omaha, Nebraska
- Online tutoring
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Free Zoom software available at http://www.zoom.us
- Silent, distraction-free place area with adult present
- Up-to-date computer with webcam and microphone, auxiliary mouse or touch-screen monitor (no Chrome books or tablets)